The mission of Trebuchet Players is to build an active community of local artists who love storytelling. Through bodies, voices, music, and visual art, Trebuchet Players will stage compelling, relevant narratives by playwrights of all eras.
Our shows are:
– thoroughly researched,
– sometimes described as “movies in your face,”
– designed to upset the proverbial apple cart of live theatre, and
– for everyone.
– July, 2012: Troilus and Cressida by William Shakespeare
– November-December, 2013: Hamlet by William Shakespeare
– January, 2014: A Sodomite’s Christmas in Elizabethan London by Christopher Buehlman (staged reading)
– September, 2014: Desdemona: A Play About a Handkerchief by Paula Vogel
Company Member Bios
– Jim Cook co-directed and appeared as Achilles in Trebuchet’s inaugural production, Troilus and Cressida, in 2012.
– Kathy Drum directed our Steampunk Sideshow Hamlet and will direct the upcoming production of Desdemona: A Play About a Handkerchief.
– James Stender is gracious and benevolent person who helps Tyrrell with all that wibbly-wobbly, computery-techy stuff. Also, his photography kicks ass.
– Tyrrell Woolbert
Tyrrell is a lifelong Dionysian devotee with abundant neuroses and has visceral feelings about her antique copy of The Complete Works of Shakespeare. Tyrrell co-directed, helped produce, and appeared as Thersites in 2012’s Troilus and Cressida.